Not too long ago, Kevin and I interviewed successful serial entrepreneur, Dewan Bayney.
Dewan was largely influential in my early self-publishing development.
He’d saw I was all over the map – my efforts scattered in every direction.
It was no surprise that my business remained unproductive and without any real results.
So, what he suggested to me was to:
- Identify my audience
- Provide a solution
- Build my brand around that solution
Listen in on the video below…
This is my interpretation of what branding is.
All a brand is – a promise to somebody.
That’s it; that’s all it is.
If you go to Starbucks for a coffee, you’ve got this preconceived notion of what the Starbucks experience will be.
Tesla is a promise, you know.
Shopping at McDonald’s is a promise.
You’ve got an expectation of what you’re going to consume.
That’s all I think branding is – some kind of preconceived promise the customer thinks they’re going to receive.
-Dewan Bayney (full interview at our YouTube.BootstrapBusinessmen.com)
My questions to you are:
- Who is your audience?
- What are their problems?
- And, what solution can you provide them?
- What is your brand or your promise to your audience?
Thanks for tuning in and be sure to follow us on Show.BootstrapBusinessmen.com!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter & Get “8 Secrets to Turn Your Hobby into a Business”
at Free.BootstrapBusinessmen.com or click the image below.
Latest posts by Bootstrap Businessmen (see all)
- Spam Email: How Email Marketing Isn’t Just for Scammers - December 13, 2016
- Amazon Giveaway: The Powerful Business Tool You’ve Missed - November 28, 2016
- Business, Reviews, Books and Tons of Laughs - August 3, 2016