Hey, I’ll be the first to pop up my two cents on the Bootstrap Businessmen blog. Why not?! After all, I’m the damn writer of the two of us. In fact, my partner-in-crime, Kevin, just finished writing an incredible book, yet he REFUSES to take the title of “author.” What gives?! Haha
Seriously, though, it’s nearly 2:00 a.m. and I’m wrapping up my work. I couldn’t help but reflect on the past 77 weeks. My last day of employment was August 29th, 2014. I left an amazing job that provided me over a decade of wealth, great memories and wonderful friends.
So, why did I leave my awesome career as an activities director? Quite simply, I wasn’t fulfilled anymore. Every day I kept going in with less and less enthusiasm. Sure, I could put on a front for everyone, but ultimately, at the end of the day, I had to go home and be real. My body and mind were exhausted, and my wife seemed like an afterthought.
That is BAD!
I would’ve never considered marriage if my job was more important than my love, Kelli.
So, it was when she struck out on her own as an online entrepreneur that life took a turn for the best. She gradually built a business in Amazon FBA (Fulfilled By Amazon) essentially reselling items online. It was crazy what she was doing, and I found a reason to go out with her til all hours to realize her online success. Every store we’d enter, I’d scan a barcode of an item. We’d figure out if the thing were good or not. Working in Amazon FBA was like a treasure hunt for me.
Well, a lightbulb went off over my head. I figured if she made this much money with a little help from me, so why not get all the help from me. And, in the background, I had already fired off my first publication, The 3 Keys to Greater Health & Happiness (cheap plug!).
My thought was if I left my job to focus full-time on helping my wife and part-time on writing, then we’d be made. This decision didn’t come without some reservation. It wasn’t until Kelli and I talked it all out 1,000 times that I finally decided this idea was going to be a reality.
Fast forward 77 weeks later, and here I am. What I’ve accomplished:
- Ran a successful Amazon FBA
- Closed the Amazon FBA business to focus on publishing
- Formed and ran One Jacked Monkey, LLC
- Published over 60 books – lost count quite frankly!
- Helped my wife publish scores of books
- She published far more than me
- She formed 3 LLCs – 2 publishing, 1 online reseller
- Established 2 partnerships this month
- Developed Bootcamp for Writers – a coaching business to help aspiring authors
- Became #1 best-selling author…twice!
- Released a few best sellers – some in fiction under a pen name
- Managed 2 freelance authors and 1 editor
I’m sure there is so much more, but my eyes are getting heavy, and my body is ready to call it a night. Though it seems impossible, I’ll get up at 6:30 a.m. to attack my day with a killer leg workout. Then, right after, I’m going to record videos for two new projects. All the while, I’ll have fun doing it.
That’s the thing – 77 weeks have passed, and I had hundreds of opportunities in between. You best believe I took full advantage of every one of them I could. I’m thankful for every chance I had at living life on my terms. Now, I cannot wait to see what’s in store in the coming days!
Thanks for the support and please, share this post with everyone you know.
P.S. Subscribe to our newsletter TODAY and get 8 Secrets to Turn Your Hobby Into a Business. Go to free.bootstrapbusinessmen.com.
Latest posts by Bootstrap Businessmen (see all)
- Spam Email: How Email Marketing Isn’t Just for Scammers - December 13, 2016
- Amazon Giveaway: The Powerful Business Tool You’ve Missed - November 28, 2016
- Business, Reviews, Books and Tons of Laughs - August 3, 2016